We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Clinical Informatics Analyst position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by TransForm Shared Service Organization and is an international position in Canada with a hybrid work environment.
Location: Windsor, ON (Hybrid – Onsite & Remote Work)
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Benefits: Pension, Health & Dental, Paid Sick, Life & Disability Insurance, Vacation and more. Visit our website for more details
Conditions: Current business reference checks, vulnerable sector police clearance, and immunization medical clearance
The Clinical Informatics Analyst role functions within the Clinical Systems Transformation division of Transform and reports to the Manager, Clinical Informatics. This key role will advocate on behalf of the clinical professional in the design, development and adoption of TransForm’s Health Information System program strategies.
Responsibilities include continued operational support beyond implementation to enable continuous improvement and advancements in the adoption of electronic health records throughout Erie St. Clair.
The CIA role will bridge health care professionals practicing in clinical areas with information services by translating user and patient needs related to clinical information systems. Clinical practices will be utilized to determine clinical functions suitable for computer applications, ensuring information technology is consistent with professional clinical practice standards.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Play a supportive role as a collaborative team member liaising with CIS, hospital clinicians and Allied Health, TransForm’s information services professionals and relevant project team members; fostering collaboration and shared direction.
• Assist with the documentation of workflows to support project activities including mapping models which will help facilitate design, build & testing to achieve process improvements and gains in adoption.
• Assist with the implementation of health information technology applications, tools, processes or structures that will drive health informatics best practices for clinicians and other providers.
• Participate in the development of training and education programs and conduct training as required (in classroom or 1:1 setting).
• Act in a supporting role to enable the adoption and standardization of clinical systems through education and training, workflow\process analysis, quality outcomes, and providing support in accordance with regional strategies and organizational goals.
• Three (3) year college diploma or university degree in healthcare related discipline / Health Information Management, Health Informatics or equivalent work experience
• Previous experience working on clinical systems implementations or health transformation projects, preferred experience in formal clinical informatics
• Advanced computer skills (MS Office applications, navigate and understanding of IT concepts), Cerner knowledge a preference
• Strong time management and analytical skills
• Knowledge of and experience in redesigning clinical processes to improve clinical practice, efficiency and patient care, preferably in conjunction with the implementation of a Health Information System
• Knowledge of and experience in developing, implementing and revising policies, analyzing workflows and making departmental or system wide improvements in practices using lean methodologies
• Strong ability to develop detailed clinical or technical documentation, training aides and how-to documents, and track work activities or issues
• Critical and strategic thinking abilities to work with complex systems, bridging community issues and regional and provincial activities
• Preferred registered Regulated Health Professional (in good standing) an asset
• Minimum of two to four (2-4) years of hospital experience preferred with direct patient care in a team environment
• Experience in project management and change management in a clinical setting an asset
• Experience with lean methodologies/principles an asset
• Minimal exposure to disagreeable conditions typical of an office position: exposed to stress and pressure associated with multiple priorities and deadlines
• Must be able to travel within the Southwestern Ontario area, when required
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends, when required
TransForm is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain employees. Upon request, accommodations for disabilities will be provided to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess a Canadian citizenship or a permanent resident status or work permit.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TransForm is currently not accepting applications or solicitation from recruitment agencies. Thank you for your cooperation.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience as a clinical informatics analyst. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.