We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the EHR Applications Analyst position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Harbor Health Services and is located in Massachusetts.
Here’s a description of the position:
Harbor Health Services, headquartered in Boston, MA is seeking a EHR Application Analyst to join our Clinical IT team.
The Electronic Health Records (EHR) Application Analyst is responsible for supporting digital strategies, implementation, testing & training efforts and providing support.
The EHR Application Analyst must be able to proactively identify opportunities and apply technologies to clinical and business processes by informing and advising internal customers on EHR build & functionality, costs, benefits, implementation & support requirements.
The EHR Applications Analyst must develop and maintain credibility and effective working relations with internal customers while serving as a vendor liaison. This position requires an adaptable, forward-thinking individual with the ability to manage complex demands from end-users and organization strategic goals.
We offer an excellent, comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability insurance, 403b Savings Plan, Generous Paid Time Off plus 11 additional Holidays and much more!
- Responsible for system analysis, design, workflows, configuration, testing, implementation, application & end-user support, and issue resolution
- Prepares supporting documentation related to system builds, workflows (Visio), test scripts, staff trainings, standard operating procedures, and user guides
- Escalates issues that adversely impact deliverables and timelines
- Communicates and articulates clearly with project stakeholders and colleagues
- Achieves and maintains required Epic® or applicable EHR certifications
- Stays current with new application functionality and service pack enhancements
- Conducts one-on-one and large-group training sessions using dynamic, creative training tools
- Contributes to the data integrity efforts, governance, data structure standards and policies
- Assists with phone-support and completes support tickets within established service level agreements (SLAs)
- Utilizes ticket tracking system according to department guidelines and best practices
- Acts as a liaison between IT, customers and/or vendors
- Conducts or participates in meetings with all clinical and operational areas using the software application
- Develops and maintains trust-based, confidence-inspiring relationships with the end-user community
- Mentors colleagues enhancing application knowledge
- During emergency operations may be required to report to work or remain at work
- Provides on-call/after-hours support as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, Masters level degree MBA, MPH, or Health Informatics preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in a healthcare setting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using health information technology or leading industry Electronic Health Records (I.e., Epic®, Cerner, Meditech) or ancillary clinical systems
- Epic® Provider Builder Certification required within 6 months of hire and EHR Provider Builder Certification from respective vendor certification program required within 6 months of hire
- Familiarity with Federally Qualified Health Centers operations preferred
- Epic®/EHR Certifications from respective vendor preferred
- Practical knowledge of interoperability concepts, including messaging standards (HL7, FHIR, etc.) preferred
- Proven record of providing exceptional customer service demonstrated ability to work with difficult and/or needy customers
- Computer savvy with intermediate skills in Windows and Microsoft Office
- Proven experience with in-person/elbow-to-elbow training and/or education experience
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead ongoing and project-specific workstreams
- Upbeat, enthusiastic, and professional demeanor
- Must be able to travel between sites in a timely manner as needed
Substitutions for Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree in a related field with 2 years of experience in a healthcare setting
- OR 4 years of experience in a healthcare setting accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- Two years in a customer service and/or training environment accepted in lieu of two years’ experience in a healthcare setting
- One-year experience in data analysis or input accepted in lieu of one-year experience using Health Information Technology
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with analyzing EHR applications! If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.
Get Fresh Healthcare & IT Stories Delivered Daily
Join thousands of your healthcare & HealthIT peers who subscribe to our daily newsletter.