Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That’s why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Opportunity: Seven years ago, MilliporeSigma acquired Sigma-Aldrich, and together, have created an industry-leading e-commerce platform. The combined organization has: been recognized as an award-winning ecommerce channel, accelerated growth, and improved our customers’ experience.
Now, we have the opportunity to take another step function forward, to continue to drive profitable growth and evolve our ecommerce business into a best in class online experience. We are looking for an experienced Marketing leader who is able to define and lead our global, marketing organization through continued long-term transformation while also delivering strong near-term financial performance.
This position will be a pivotal member of the Digital & eCommerce Leadership team, shaping the overall strategy for eCommerce, our priorities and key initiatives. Reporting to the SVP of Digital & eCommerce, the Head of Marketing will work cross-functionally to advocate and educate, define, gain alignment for, and deliver our Digital & eCommerce Marketing vision, strategy, and roadmap.
The Head of Digital & eCommerce Marketing is responsible for driving eCommerce revenue with a focus on increasing awareness, conversion to purchase, and customer lifetime value (cLTV) as well as shaping the future direction of our overall Marketing vision and strategy. The team has developed programmatic capabilities to effectively scale Digital Marketing and made significant investments in MarTech to improve relevance and efficiency. This role will be responsible for defining and implementing our digital customer strategy, including segmentation, targeting, and measurement. In addition to leading the global marketing function, they will be directly responsible for website channel revenue.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience in delivering value at the intersection of ecommerce, marketing, analytics, and technology.
- Lead and evolve performance marketing to grow revenue and profitability
- Distill overarching business strategy and goals into a customer-centered and cohesive global marketing calendar focused on efficient use of marketing spend and team effort to create integrated, multi-channel and multi-moment campaigns
- Define and lead the multiyear marketing strategy as well as translating it into clear and executable go-to-market plans and guidance to enable a high performing team
- Executive presence and the ability to collaborate and navigate at all levels within the organization is a key requirement for this role. Collaborative, but with the ability to challenge and hold ground with business leaders, driving consensus and alignment, ultimately facilitating closure of complex issues and decisions
- Be a strong and energizing member of the Digital & eCommerce leadership team: challenging, focusing conversation, and ensure that we drive to pragmatic results
- Ensure plans are aligned with other senior-level stakeholders across finance, sales planning, and our franchise/product teams
- Build/evolve best-in-class marketing measurement and analytics capabilities that demonstrate clear impact to sales and profit, and enable marketing expansion to evolve into multichannel and omnichannel strategies, and scale opportunities
- Experience managing and growing a large (>25 team members), high performing team of marketers, creative, martech, and analysts with a passion for achieving strong team member engagement
Who You Are:
- Bachelor degree required in business, marketing, and/or science field
- 10+ years of experience in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies and responsibility for external marketing spend in excess of $50M annually
- Strategic leader with in-depth knowledge of building and scaling of a portfolio of online marketing channels, including: paid and organic search, programmatic display (both prospecting and retargeting), social media, video, and email marketing
- Deep knowledge of the online advertising and ad tech space, and a robust understanding of online advertising best practices
- Hands-on experience using and implementing DSP, CDP, DCO product feeds and marketing automation tools, such as: Adobe, SFMC, Oracle
- Engaging and supportive “leader of leaders” with 5+ years managing a team of >25 people and the proven ability to develop managers and future leaders
- Strong understanding of web design components and website development procedures to improve channel productivity through to conversion
- Experience and success with programmatic buying
- Responsibility for significant budget (and growing/making the case to increase investment), including capex and opex; managing RFP processes and contract negotiations, vendor relationships, and evaluating system contracts
- Ability to build a scalable Go-To-Market process and interlocks within marketing and with business units to efficiently intake inputs and overlay them with marketing priorities to deliver high quality outputs which enhance customer experience and simultaneously maximize company revenue and profitability
- Proven ability to measure marketing spend and design scalable, transparent mechanisms which maximize spend ROI
- Strong business and financial acumen as well as a curiosity that self-motivates keeping a pulse on emerging technologies, industry analysis, and market trends
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams with professionalism and clarity
- MBA preferred
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel
- Experience in change management
- Knowledge and experience working within a global, matrix organization
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html