The Company for Health care Exploration and Top quality (AHRQ) generates a prosperity of data and other methods that assist study across overall health economics, epidemiology, overall health solutions investigate, and associated fields. On April 25, the Brookings Heart on Regulation and Markets will hold a workshop for young students to take a look at these subjects.
The workshop will introduce participants to a variety of AHRQ’s core datasets, with a aim on how they could be made use of to aid analysis in overall health economics by graduate students and early-phase students. Each and every data supply will be introduced by an AHRQ analytical staff members member who is both concerned in its generation and who utilizes it in their very own research. Examples of analysis tasks utilizing the a variety of facts resources will also be presented, and presenters contain a university student scholar, who will also share their expertise as a consumer. This workshop will also include an overview of how AHRQ information has been applied to aid policy selections in the past and of investigate avenues of special curiosity to AHRQ.
1:00 pm Welcome remarks
- Leemore Dafny, Bruce V. Rauner Professor of Small business Administration, Harvard Organization Faculty, and Professor of Community Coverage, Harvard Kennedy Faculty
- Joel Cohen, Director, Middle for Funding, Entry, and Expense Trends, Company for Health care Investigation and Good quality (AHRQ)
1:15 pm Professional medical Expenditure Panel Study (MEPS) – Family Component (HC)
- Details overview from Asako Moriya (AHRQ)
- Exploration instance from Amanda Su (Stanford University): The Influence of Compensated Family Leave on Households with Health Shocks
2:00 pm Break
2:10 pm Healthcare Price tag and Utilization Job (HCUP)
- Knowledge overview from Pam Owens (AHRQ)
- Investigation case in point from Joanna Jiang (AHRQ): Effects of Rural Medical center Mergers and Acquisitions on Accessibility and High quality of Care
3:00 pm Break
3:10 pm MEPS-Insurance Element (IC)
- Information overview and investigation case in point from Thomas Hegland (AHRQ): Very same-Sexual intercourse Marriage and Employer Selections About Domestic Lover Positive aspects
3:50 pm Break
4:00 pm AHRQ: Info Innovations
- Overview of AHRQ’s Latest Databases from Herb Wong (AHRQ)
- Artificial Health care Information for Study (SyH-DR)
- Medical doctor and Doctor Exercise Research Database (3P-RD)
- Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) Databases
- Compendium of U.S. Health Systems
4:30 pm Breakout classes
5:00 pm Program adjourns
Info overview features a description of the details, how to accessibility the data, some temporary examples of investigation applying the details, and examples of open study issues that could be tackled using the info.
Analysis case in point is a brief presentation on a single paper, potentially offered by a person other than the principal presenter.