Best Professional Courses on Healthcare
|IIM Kozhikode||IIMK Healthcare Management & Analytics Programme||Visit|
Sharpening healthcare management skills is crucial as the complexity of health care delivery continues to increase. Factors such as technological advancements, changing regulations, evolving patient expectations, and the rise of data-driven decision-making have significantly impacted the way healthcare organisations operate. Healthcare managers must stay abreast of these developments and acquire the necessary skills to navigate this intricate environment successfully.
Effective healthcare management directly impacts the quality of patient care. Healthcare managers are responsible for optimising resource allocation, improving operational efficiency, and ensuring the delivery of high-quality services. By honing their skills, managers can enhance patient outcomes, reduce medical errors, and foster a culture of continuous improvement within their organisations. Additionally, strong management skills are vital for fostering collaboration among multidisciplinary teams, promoting effective communication, and fostering a positive work environment—all of which contribute to improved patient satisfaction.
Furthermore, healthcare management skills are vital for addressing the financial and strategic challenges that healthcare organisations face. Managers with expertise in financial management, budgeting, strategic planning, and healthcare policy are better equipped to make informed decisions, drive organisational growth, and adapt to changing market dynamics. These skills are particularly critical in an era of cost containment, value-based care, and increasing competition in the healthcare industry.
Emeritus offers a certificate programme in healthcare management offered by ISB, to give participants a deep dive into management perspectives of the healthcare industry.
This course is ideal for doctors, resident doctors, Doctor of Pharmacy, para-medical professionals and mid-level healthcare administrative professionals. The programme is 12 weeks long and will be delivered entirely online. Outside of the pre-recorded videos, the programme also includes discussion, real life examples and assignments.
Real life examples are used to teach these concepts; strategic management, strategic growth and competitive advantage, process design and process analysis.
Over the course of 12 weeks, the course will cover 12 modules, which include:
- Introduction to accounting in healthcare
- Cash flows and financial ratios in healthcare
- Process design and process analysis in healthcare
- Process analysis
- Process excellence
- Introduction to marketing
- Marketing strategy in healthcare
- Marketing execution
- Raising capital in healthcare
- Introduction to strategic management in healthcare
- Strategic growth and competitive advantage in healthcare
Some of the key takeaways from this programme include:
- Manage healthcare organisation’s budgets and expenses to remain sustainable and achieve your organisation’s business objectives
- Understand the process of strategic outreach, building marketing strategies and communications designed to attract healthcare consumers, guide them through their healthcare journey, and keep them engaged
- Getting a holistic overview into the accounting and capital management processes of the healthcare industry
- Learning operational frameworks and how to apply them in everyday situations through real life examples
- How to oversee the day-to-day practices of a healthcare facility that impact the client experience and organisational goals
On successful completion of the programme, you will be awarded a certificate in Healthcare Management from ISB Executive Education. You will also get to be a part of ISB executive network, where you will get networking opportunities and access to exclusive webinars, master classes, conferences etc.
Q: Why is management important in healthcare?
A: Management is crucial in healthcare to ensure effective and efficient delivery of services, optimise resource allocation, coordinate interdisciplinary teams, and maintain quality patient care. It involves strategic planning, decision-making, financial management, and leadership to navigate complex healthcare systems and drive organisational success.
Q: How do you strengthen health services management?
A: Strengthening health services management can be achieved through continuous professional development, leadership training, and education programs. By enhancing skills in areas such as strategic planning, quality improvement, financial management, and healthcare technology, managers can better navigate the challenges of a dynamic healthcare environment and drive positive change.
Q: What are the five functions of healthcare managers?
A: The five functions of healthcare managers include planning and goal setting, organising resources and teams, leading and motivating staff, controlling and evaluating performance, and advocating for quality care. These functions ensure efficient operations, effective leadership, and the delivery of high-quality healthcare services to patients and communities.
Q: What is an example of healthcare management?
A: An example of healthcare management is a hospital administrator overseeing the overall operations of a medical facility. They coordinate various departments, manage budgets, implement policies, collaborate with medical staff, and ensure regulatory compliance to provide optimal healthcare services to patients while maintaining organisational efficiency.
Q: What are the six principles of health services?
A: The six principles of health services encompass accessibility, affordability, effectiveness, efficiency, equity, and patient-centeredness. These principles guide the design, delivery, and evaluation of healthcare services, aiming to ensure equitable access, quality care, cost-effectiveness, and positive patient experiences within healthcare systems.
- Healthcare management skills are crucial for improving patient care and addressing challenges.
- Effective management impacts outcomes and fosters a positive work environment.
- Strong skills are essential for financial and strategic challenges.
- Emeritus offers a comprehensive healthcare management program.
- It covers key areas like finance, marketing, and strategic management.
Disclaimer: This content was authored by the content team of ET Spotlight team. The news and editorial staff of ET had no role in the creation of this article.